Thursday, July 19, 2012

Journal entry #2 Maria

I am for kids, ok!



July 20, 2012

What did I do with the pennies?  As I observed them, five different stories came to mind.  So, I told my teammates that I would write about them.  I prefer writing to talking, that is why I do not talk in groups.
Story 1: When I was  about 12 my dad made our phone inaccessible. My sister and I were very annoyed.  He never said why then.  Now I know that our family was being bullied.
Story 2:  When I mentioned what I was learning about bullying, my older brother shared how it was for him.  He was  also bullied.
Story 3: My friend Samantha has also been bullied because of her commitment to learn, study, and do better in school.
Our discussion had many examples, and as a teacher, I am not sure what I could do.  I guess I would provide opportunities for kids to view maybe a video about how painful bullying can be.
I also wonder what their parents do about this bullying.  Is there a service for parents and kids to get help, or is the teacher responsible to do it?
I kept my promise.  Used all my pennies!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, I am shy too, I wouldn't want to give up my pennies either. Is there a penalty if you don't. How did it feel when everyone else had no pennies and you were the only one left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Maria, I'd like to know what you know about bullying. I have a student that bullies. I would I help her? Can you share what you know about bullying to me? It would really help. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you wanted to know Maria, I'm a really good looking guy from Venice.

    ReplyDelete